Saturday 23 April 2016

3D Printing-- Things to Consider Before Getting a 3D Printer

I just got my FlashForge Dreamer 3D printer yesterday. To say the least I'm blown away by the quality of this printer. I started printing with a Micro3D printer. Very much a starter machine, and unfortunately full of errors, bad prints and frustration. A great learning tool for those who have never dabbled in 3D worlds before. I felt drawn by FlashForge's products when I decided it was time for a move up. Their Creator Pro model is similarly priced, and may have a few plusses, but still being new to 3D, and not interested in all the tasks of using a higher end printer, the Dreamer seemed like the right choice. After using it for the past day, I 'd say I chose perfectly. I would recommend this printer to all levels of 3D printer expertise. It's easy out of the box (some assembly required, but not much) and with only a little knowledge your first print will be perfect. Mine wasn't, but I didn't follow advice and printed without tape or glue on the glass bed I purchased as an accessory. Second attempt was flawless. Third was too, forth, fifth, etc etc. What amazes me is this printer can go up to very high expectations with software like Simplify3D, adding all types of features and tweaks to your 3D models making it as capable as any other 3D printer on the market. And from what I see, I'm producing prints as good as 3D printers more than twice the price.



There is wide variety of 3D printers to choose from and one manufacturer would claim to be better than the other. You should take it as your responsibility to find out which one is actually the best for you. Most people neglect issues on filaments and materials, or the required conditions for having a 3D printer, and face these problems only when they can't turn back buy the more efficient one.

It comes complete with a USB cable, tool kits made specifically for the 3D printer, two spools of filament and a useful 4GB SD card. I just got my FlashForge Dreamer 3D printer yesterday. I would recommend this printer to all levels of 3D printer expertise. What amazes me is this printer can go up to very high expectations with software like Simplify3D, adding all types of features and tweaks to your 3D models making it as capable as any other 3D printer on the market.
Best printers

No comments:

Post a Comment